Welcome, Guest!!

Date: Sunday, December 16th 2018 - Time:

Login Sign Up

How we can be productive and remain competitive - Donald Duke (546 Views)

Topic Started By: goddy       Created: Sunday, November 5th 2017 - 9:40 AM

Post a Reply or Comment
Share this on:

Mr. Donald Duke the previous Governor of Cross River State has sounded a dreary cautioning that all is not well in Nigeria, in spite of the September news that the nation was out of subsidence.

I think how we can be productive and remain competitive is first, it will cost us five billion dollars to build pipelines that will ensure that there is gas; five thousand is about a million dollars per kilometre, five thousand kilometres of pipelines around this country. Wherever you are, you are not far from gas.

Duke stated, "We are living in a fool’s paradise" at the official dispatch of the National Competitiveness Report and Sub National Index held in Lagos, yesterday. “We here in Lagos are cocooned from the realities of Nigeria. Take a trip to Borno State; go to parts of the north and the Niger-Delta.”

Two weeks back, Duke said he was conversing with Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede and Aliko Dangote, when the last recounted the narrative of a kid, around five or six years of age, whom he found at an Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Camp and requested his dad.
Duke said. "The chap took a gander at him (Dangote) however did not comprehend the idea of fatherhood," "He is in the IDP Camp. There are a great many them in those camps; there is no desire for them; everything they do there is quite recently relaxing." 

The truth, Duke noted, was that the legislature of the day was more intrigued by politics than economics aspects. "Also, on the off chance that you don't get the economics aspects right, at that point governance can't work," he said. "You can't be competitive when you are not productive. The primary thing is how would we get productive?"

Additionally, Duke censured the route states in Nigerian have been set up, clarifying that the units consider themselves to be political entities, however not as economic elements.

How we can be productive and remain competitive - Donald Duke

How we can be productive and remain competitive - Donald Duke

Subscribe to get notifications when I create new topics by clicking the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page if you have not already subscribed. Thanks.

Report spam or abuse
Re: How we can be productive and remain competitive - Donald Duke     •     1 year ago goddy said:

He need to be supported for whatever he want to do.

Report spam or abuse
   (Page 1 of 1)      Comments (1)
Post a Reply or Comment

Related Topic (s) in Business section.

How to make 500 - 1000 taking survey as Nigerians

Don't Wait For Government To Create Jobs. It's Time To Create One For Yourself Legally Using The Power Of The Internet. ...[Read more]

Venezuelans crisis increases as citizens buy rotten meat to eat because they cannot afford a kilo of beef

Venezuelans crisis increases as citizens buy rotten meat to eat because they cannot afford a kilo of beef

Many Venezuelans have left the country in the last two years, escaping from the oil-rich nation’s economic collapse. In the popular ...[Read more]

HOW TO MINE BITCOIN, LITECOIN, DOGECOIN, ETHEREUM ETC AUTOMATICALLY FOR FREE

Achieve your Financial dream by contacting us online on how to Mine Currency passively (that is without you doing physical work), without spending ...[Read more]

How I Make N500,000 - N1M One Million naira Per Month

If you like doubt it, it is none of my business, I earn close to a million naira monthly on the internet with ...[Read more]

Hajj 2018: What causes decrease in number of Nigerian pilgrims  NAHCO

Hajj 2018: What causes decrease in number of Nigerian pilgrims NAHCO

Chairman of the National hajj Commission of Federal Republic of Nigeria, NAHCON, and Abdullahi Mukhtar has attributed the decrease ...[Read more]

Illegal Charges In Nigerian Banks

Illegal Charges In Nigerian Banks

In 2016, Nigerians protested high bank charges and now in 2018 they continue to cry over unauthorized deductions banks make from their accounts. Banks are ...[Read more]

Nigeria loses money and job opportunities of Data Centre in Africa by Microsoft

Nigeria loses money and job opportunities of Data Centre in Africa by Microsoft

Nigeria loses job opportunities of Data Centre to be setup in Africa by Microsoft. American ICT giant Microsoft has identified the ...[Read more]

Report topic

Report Comment