Welcome, Guest!!

Date: Thu, Mar 28th 2024
Time:

Login Join GTK

Happenings Leading to the Sack of Lawal and Oke

Topic Started By: goddy       Created: Tue, Oct 31st, 2017, 5:43 am

Call him one of the most powerful men in Nigeria and you would just be right, the office of the secretary to the government of the federation wheel so much influence and power. Mr. Babachir Lawal was a go to man if you want anything done in the Buhari government.

As a result of subsequent investigation of Engr. Lawal. However, trouble rain like heavy showers when the senate opened what could be described as canon worms and investigations into the presidential initiative on the North East, which Mr. Babachir Lawal head a demy revelation emerged. Babachir Lawal is linked to a N200.000.000 grass cutting contract scandal, which became a tour between the executive and legislature when the SGF snooped the senate by refusing to appear before the senate ad hoc committee on humanitarian crisis in the North East.

The lawmakers were furious and the perception about the Buhari led executives especially on the issue of corruption and the anti-craft war became dented. The presidency insisted, Mr. Babachir Lawal is without seen after he says he invested a man.

For Mr. Ayo Oke the now sacked Director General of Nigerian Intelligent Agency got in the frail through the whistle blower alarm where an over N13 billion stashed cash was uncovered by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission in a luxury in Ikoyi area of Lagos State. The discovery of the huge money stock in local and foreign currencies generated controversy and its ownership became a big question.

Ayo Oke the then NIA Boss name surface and has since been investigated. The two men were the main characters in the report of the vice president led panel and after three months the presidency reviewed that, the Vice President's Panel recommendation is to have the two men fired.

Subscribe to get notifications when I create new topics by clicking the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page if you have not already subscribed. Thanks.

Related Topic (s) in Politics section.

Visit to watch PNG Live News

924 views3 years ago

Here is top PNG News for Last week. Click the link below to watch.  

Gold Coders Hyip Template

Gold Coders Hyip Template

2.3K views4 years ago

Our website design services are suited for customers who can't compromise on the quality ...[Read more]

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Saturday urged Nigerians to be keen supporters of arts and cultural heritage.

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Saturday urged Nigerians to be keen supporters of arts and cultural heritage.

1.6K views4 years ago

Osinbajo decided in Lagos while talking at the social and expressions show composed by the ...[Read more]

After Stealing 25,000 USD from My Client, I Want To Be the Speaker of House of Reps - Femi Gbaja

After Stealing 25,000 USD from My Client, I Want To Be the Speaker of House of Reps - Femi Gbaja

2.4K views5 years ago

Femi Gbajabiamila member of the Nigerian House of Representatives is currently seeking election to lead ...[Read more]

How The Presidential Candidate Sowore will solve the Problem of Electricity. Find out.

How The Presidential Candidate Sowore will solve the Problem of Electricity. Find out.

1.8K views5 years ago

How will you tackle the problem of electricity? It has to be a mix of ...[Read more]

2019 Election: Social Democratic Party Presidential Running mate quits

2019 Election: Social Democratic Party Presidential Running mate quits

2K views5 years ago

Second Republic legislator, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, has decided to step down as the running mate ...[Read more]

Students/Youth set to Host First Digital Screen Governorship Debate in Lagos State

1.4K views5 years ago

National Intelligence Department for School Safety (NIDSS) in conjunction with Coalition of Nigerian Voices Initiative ...[Read more]

Students/Youth set to Host First Digital Screen Governorship Debate in Lagos State

1.4K views5 years ago

National Intelligence Department for School Safety (NIDSS) in conjunction with Your-Voice Your-Vote a Non-governmental organization (...[Read more]

Students Host 2019 Presidential/Governorship Debate in Nigeria

Students Host 2019 Presidential/Governorship Debate in Nigeria

2.3K views5 years ago

The Education Act, 1999 provides an opportunity for students, intending them to play an integral and ...[Read more]

2019 presidency: What South West will lose by supporting Atiku Yoruba cluster

1.5K views5 years ago

A third house, the Progressive Yoruba Youth Congress, has disclosed what giving ...[Read more]

Obama's Message in March 2015 Reminds Nigerians to Vote Wisely in the 2019 Elections | video

Obama's Message in March 2015 Reminds Nigerians to Vote Wisely in the 2019 Elections | video

2.3K views5 years ago

Wise Message from Obama to Nigerians for Upcoming Elections 2019 Hello, today I (Obama) want to ...[Read more]

Who is the Next Nigerian President in 2019? Nigerians have their say!

Who is the Next Nigerian President in 2019? Nigerians have their say!

2.3K views5 years ago

What we are having are rulers not leaders that is why we have not reached ...[Read more]

Osun State Governorship Candidate Ademola Adeleke PDP Addresses Newsmen after Losing to APC

Osun State Governorship Candidate Ademola Adeleke PDP Addresses Newsmen after Losing to APC

28.1K views5 years ago

Gentlemen of the Press I (Adeleke) welcome you to this post-election press briefing. I invited ...[Read more]

Is another wrestle in the race to Bola Ige House as Osun Governorship Election Rerun Continues

Is another wrestle in the race to Bola Ige House as Osun Governorship Election Rerun Continues

1.8K views5 years ago

In Osun State Government Secretariat is the Bola Ige House, the seat of the Governor ...[Read more]

I am going to win this election if it is free and fair - Ademola Adeleke - PDP

I am going to win this election if it is free and fair - Ademola Adeleke - PDP

1.7K views6 years ago

My name is Senator Ademola Nurudeen Adeleke, am in my hometown. Journalist: How was the ...[Read more]

Kemi Adeosun Resignation Should Serve As A Deterrent To Others In Similar Scandal - Nigeria Former Finance Minister

Kemi Adeosun Resignation Should Serve As A Deterrent To Others In Similar Scandal - Nigeria Former Finance Minister

2.3K views6 years ago

Mrs. Kemi Adeosun has made history as the first Nigerian Finance Minister to resign from ...[Read more]

Governor of Lagos State Ambode Declares his Intention for Second term

Governor of Lagos State Ambode Declares his Intention for Second term

1.5K views6 years ago

As Governor Akinwunmi Ambode picked up nomination form for the governorship ticket of the All ...[Read more]

Buhari Lifeless? Well, let's look at this and the trip to China for Loans - Dr. Damages

Buhari Lifeless? Well, let's look at this and the trip to China for Loans - Dr. Damages

2.1K views6 years ago

President Trump trying to observe whether Buhari was still breathing and could not believe there ...[Read more]

Peter Ameh becomes The Chairman of IPAC - Inter Party Advisory Council

Peter Ameh becomes The Chairman of IPAC - Inter Party Advisory Council

1.8K views6 years ago

Chairman of Progressive People’s Alliance Peter Ameh is the new chairman of the ...[Read more]

Looking at the state of the nation in focus: The Rule of Law and Democracy

Looking at the state of the nation in focus: The Rule of Law and Democracy

1.5K views6 years ago

The federal high court in Abuja on Tuesday restrained any move on removing the senate ...[Read more]