Welcome, Guest!!

Date: Sunday, December 16th 2018 - Time:

Login Sign Up

Nigeria loses money and job opportunities of Data Centre in Africa by Microsoft (256 Views)

Topic Started By: goddy       Created: Thursday, April 5th 2018 - 12:31 PM

Post a Reply or Comment
Share this on:

Nigeria loses job opportunities of Data Centre to be setup in Africa by Microsoft.

American ICT giant Microsoft has identified the cities of Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa are suitable locations for it upcoming cloud data centres. Investigations by TVC news and references obtained on the project show that no Nigerian city has the needed infrastructure that could support the growth of the data centres.

Sources in the ICT sector said that Microsoft data centre in South Africa will prioritize cloud storage, internet services and data communications across Africa.

The sources agreed that data centres should boost of reliable energy supply, which Nigeria lacks.

Why Microsoft picked some African countries for data centres?

What Microsoft was even coming down to do, they were to setup a data centre, knowing that everybody is going to cloud right now so they are trying to setup a place where collect information and help to store and leverage on the cost of some of the software we buy and all of that. However, for you to provide such a service infrastructure is key. 

Nigeria has not gotten the energy to power, no data to drive, no security for personnel and we are not even sure of the multiple taxation they going to face coming from maybe the physical location, agents that are in that sector. It is a sad story to Nigeria because that is a lost for Nigeria. 

Nigeria loses money and job opportunities of Data Centre in Africa by Microsoft

Nigeria loses money and job opportunities of Data Centre in Africa by Microsoft

Subscribe to get notifications when I create new topics by clicking the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page if you have not already subscribed. Thanks.

Report spam or abuse
Nobody has responded to this yet, you can be the first.
   (Page 1 of 1)      Comments (0)
Post a Reply or Comment

Related Topic (s) in Business section.

How to make 500 - 1000 taking survey as Nigerians

Don't Wait For Government To Create Jobs. It's Time To Create One For Yourself Legally Using The Power Of The Internet. ...[Read more]

Venezuelans crisis increases as citizens buy rotten meat to eat because they cannot afford a kilo of beef

Venezuelans crisis increases as citizens buy rotten meat to eat because they cannot afford a kilo of beef

Many Venezuelans have left the country in the last two years, escaping from the oil-rich nation’s economic collapse. In the popular ...[Read more]

HOW TO MINE BITCOIN, LITECOIN, DOGECOIN, ETHEREUM ETC AUTOMATICALLY FOR FREE

Achieve your Financial dream by contacting us online on how to Mine Currency passively (that is without you doing physical work), without spending ...[Read more]

How I Make N500,000 - N1M One Million naira Per Month

If you like doubt it, it is none of my business, I earn close to a million naira monthly on the internet with ...[Read more]

Hajj 2018: What causes decrease in number of Nigerian pilgrims  NAHCO

Hajj 2018: What causes decrease in number of Nigerian pilgrims NAHCO

Chairman of the National hajj Commission of Federal Republic of Nigeria, NAHCON, and Abdullahi Mukhtar has attributed the decrease ...[Read more]

Illegal Charges In Nigerian Banks

Illegal Charges In Nigerian Banks

In 2016, Nigerians protested high bank charges and now in 2018 they continue to cry over unauthorized deductions banks make from their accounts. Banks are ...[Read more]

How we can be productive and remain competitive - Donald Duke

How we can be productive and remain competitive - Donald Duke

Mr. Donald Duke the previous Governor of Cross River State has sounded a dreary cautioning that all is not well in Nigeria, in ...[Read more]

Report topic

Report Comment