Welcome, Guest!!

Date: Sat, Apr 20th 2024
Time:

Login Join GTK

Police are parading gang members for siphoning money from banks through SIM cards

Topic Started By: goddy       Created: Thu, Feb 22nd, 2018, 4:54 pm

A syndicate describe as digital thieves led by one Muritala Mohammed alias Swallow were amongst those paraded by the commissioner of police Lagos command for siphoning money from bank accounts through SIM cards.

The commissioner said officers and men of the Rapid Response Squad carried out the investigation.

Parading the suspects, the police boss said it all started when a phone was stolen at a party and the owner had to retrieve her SIM.

The police commissioner said the victim in her own account stated that she went to the service provider for a SIM card replacement and that immediately she inserted the new card into her new phone she started receiving transaction alerts. A total sum of N1, 253, 000 was withdrawn from her account.

It is a well-organized gang made up of six members, two for each operation and a motorcycle rider. The job of this arm is simple.

Each member of the gang narrated his part played in siphoning money from bank accounts

One of the members said this: We are the ones that use to collect the phones; we get the phone as 419 making the person go for an errant to leave his/her phone with them to remove the SIM.

Another member Solomon Dike has this to say: My own (Solomon Dike) part is when they are through with the person, they call me on phone but then I would hang around and enter the bike.

The news correspondent said having picked the phones they then handover to Swallow who’s interest is the SIM card and once he gets hold of it he set out to hack into the owner’s bank account.

Muritala Mohammed alias Swallow has this to say: I (Swallow) use SIM card to recharge via bank that is *904*amount# then I (Swallow) send it to receive a reply to know whether the SIM card is linked to bank account or not. If it is linked to an account I (Swallow) will know what to do from there. The banks I (Swallow) target are Access Bank, UBA bank and GTBank.

Police are parading gang members for siphoning money from banks through SIM cards

Subscribe to get notifications when I create new topics by clicking the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page if you have not already subscribed. Thanks.

Related Topic (s) in Crime section.

Calvin Keith Walton Death

832 views4 years ago

What good does burning their own city down, looting and rioting, acting a fool and ...[Read more]

Court orders service of processes on Adams Oshiomhole on Alleged Financial Fraud - EFCC

Court orders service of processes on Adams Oshiomhole on Alleged Financial Fraud - EFCC

1.6K views6 years ago

An anti-corruption crusader Bishop Osadolor Ochei sued the National Chairman of APC Adams Aliu Oshiomhole ...[Read more]

Gang Members Dealing In Male Private Organ

Gang Members Dealing In Male Private Organ

4.9K views6 years ago

Musa Aliyu is the living victim of the gang members who deal in male private ...[Read more]

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun in Fake Certificate Scandal - Dr. Damages Show

Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun in Fake Certificate Scandal - Dr. Damages Show

1.5K views6 years ago

In Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Finance Minister is involved in a fake certificate ...[Read more]

Olisa Metuh Confronts Court To Examine The State Of His Health

Olisa Metuh Confronts Court To Examine The State Of His Health

1.4K views6 years ago

The past National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Olisa Metuh ...[Read more]

Baby Boys EFCC ends luxurious life of Lekki Yahoo Boys nabbed with expensive Benz & juju.

Baby Boys EFCC ends luxurious life of Lekki Yahoo Boys nabbed with expensive Benz & juju.

1.9K views6 years ago

Four Yahoo Boys have been nabbed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), for ...[Read more]

Pastor deceives his member to collect his Jeep in Bayelsa

Pastor deceives his member to collect his Jeep in Bayelsa

1.7K views6 years ago

Apostle Kingsley Abiagonohou deceives a member of the church to collect his Jeep and has ...[Read more]

A Pastor in Prison Custody for Alleged Murder of Three Members of his Church | Crime Watch

A Pastor in Prison Custody for Alleged Murder of Three Members of his Church | Crime Watch

1.9K views6 years ago

One of the top stories, a chief magistrate court in Port Harcourt has remanded a ...[Read more]

Don Wanny is killed for being responsible for Omoku Massacre

Don Wanny is killed for being responsible for Omoku Massacre

3.6K views6 years ago

Security operatives have killed a notorious criminal kingpin allegedly responsible for the death of scores ...[Read more]

Abubakar Shekau claims responsibility for the New Year attacks

Abubakar Shekau claims responsibility for the New Year attacks

2.4K views6 years ago

Abubakar Shekau the leader of Boko Haram released a video on Tuesday claiming responsibility for ...[Read more]

Mr. Maina is on the run over N2 billion fraud

1.9K views6 years ago

Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina, former chairperson of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms has been ...[Read more]